Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Agneepath is not a remake, says Hrithik


Agneepath is not a remake, says Hrithik
 
Actor Hrithik Roshan, who plays the lead role in the remake version of the 1990-film Agneepath, says he was never in favour of doing remakes.

However, he also says that the new version of Agneepath is "not a remake", but is a "different world".

Hrithik will reprise Amitabh Bachchan's iconic role -- Vijay Deenanath Chauhan in the upcoming film.

"I am full of gratitude to be part of this project. I was never interested in doing remakes and I don't think I will ever do. When Karan Malhotra came to Spain to narrate the script, in a matter of ten minutes, he made me forget about my pre-conceived notions, all symbolic visuals that I had about the original film...everything vanished and everything seemed new. I reacted to it as a brand new script," Hrithik told reporters here, after the first teaser of the film was launched yesterday.

Directed by debutante Karan Malhotra, actor Priyanka Chopra will play his love interest, Sanjay Dutt would play the villain's role that was originally played by Danny Denzongpa.

Veteran Rishi Kapoor too will be seen in a negative role.

About his role, Hrithik says, I am just playing Vijay he is just another guy, who is on a mission.

When asked what convinced him to accept the film, Hrithik said, "When I was first approached by Karan I was like I should not go down that route at all. He has a different way of narrating the story. He makes those background sounds while narrating...there was audio, visual."

"Half way through the narration I felt I am an actor and I want to go by instincts, whatever my mind says...I am a slave of my instincts. He showed me the completely new world. It is not a remake...it is a different world," he said. 



Produced by Karan Johar, under the banner of Dharma Productions, 'Agneepath' will hit cinema houses on January 13, 2012.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment