Monday, April 16, 2012

Salim-Javed okay Zanjeer remake?

Salim-Javed okay Zanjeer remake?


Amidst the controversies revolving around the remake of Amitabh Bachchan starrer Zanjeer (1973), producer Amit Mehra says he has taken the blessings of the film’s writers — Salim Khan and Javed Akhtar.

The remake, scheduled to star Telugu star Chiranjeevi’s son Ram Charan opposite Priyanka Chopra has been in the news regarding copyright and royalty issues. Both writers of the original film had expressed displeasure over the remake.
But Amit says he has sought and been granted their permission now. “We have bought the rights of Zanjeer from my father, Prakash Mehra's, production company. I have met both (Khan and Akhtar) of them to take their blessings. They are special people,” Amit adds.

His father had produced and directed the original ‘angry young man’ flick.

The action thriller’s screenplay and dialogue were co-written by Akhtar and Khan. “This is my first film and I wanted to make Zanjeer, as it was a superhit... Also, I am emotionally connected to it,” Amit says.

The veteran writers had reportedly asked for a substantial sum of money if the filmmakers wanted to re-interpret their original script on celluloid. When asked, Amit says, “I don’t know all this. I am meeting them again, and hopefully, everything will be fine. But the remake will be made. I did not ask them f or anything. Salim uncle gave me his blessings,” says Amit.

No comments:

Post a Comment